When life gives you ripe bananas, make Nutella Banana Bread!
I happen to have some ripe bananas laying around so I whipped out my favorite banana bread recipe. My mom used to make banana bread a lot, and the house would be filled with this amazing aroma of freshly baked banana bread. Seriously, if you have never made banana bread before, you’ve been missing out BIG time. And if you like walnut, feel free to throw in a handful. I actually had some Emerald sugar glazed walnuts in my pantry so I decided to sprinkle them on top. The bread is so moist and totally scrumptious. And come on, who doesn’t like nutella!?
Nutella Banana Bread
1/4 cup (half a stick) butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3 ripe banana
2 large eggs
1/3 cup plain low fat yogurt, low fat sour cream or buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour, or half all-purpose and half whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3-4 tbsp Nutella
regular or sugar glazed walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray an 8″x4″ or 9″x5″ loaf pan with non-stick spray, or spread a thin layer of melted butter on the inside of the loaf pan.
2. Using a stand (or hand) mixer, beat the butter and sugar until well combined – the mixture will have the consistency of wet sand. Add the banana, eggs, yogurt and vanilla and beat until well blended.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture in 2-3 batches until well-combined.
5. Pour half the batter into the loaf pan, drizzle some Nutella and mix it in a little. Then top with the rest of the batter and drizzle some more Nutella. (If you find the Nutella to be too thick to drizzle, try to dilute it with a little bit of warm water or milk.)
6. Sprinkle some sugar glazed walnuts on top, and bake for 1 hour at 350°F.
7. Let it cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing.